MUST BE WITHIN 5 HOURS DRIVING DISTANCE OF NASHVILLE, TN
Must Love Danes is A rescue organization THAT makeS a lifelong commitment to each pet that we place. We are determined that NONE of our animals EVER ends up being abandoned or in a shelter. In order to honor this commitment, the adoption application, once accepted and signed by both the adopter and Must Love Danes, shall be considered a binding contract between the adopter and Must Love Danes. Breach of this contract will result in the adoption becoming null and void and the pet will be returned to Must Love Danes for re-homing. Further legal action may be pursued should it be deemed appropriate by Must Love Danes.
NOTE: Our adoption fee is non-refundable. However, if for any LEGITIMATE reason, the pet does not work out for you (i.e. - have a baby and the dog doesn't like the baby, etc.), we will gladly take the dog back into our rescue and find another that will better suit your lifestyle/needs, at no additional cost.
Please read this document carefully and check the box on the adoption application indicating that you understand and agree to this commitment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ADOPTION
As the adopter I agree:
1. For all intents and purposes, I agree to give this pet a forever, safe and loving home.
2. I agree NOT to SELL, GIVE AWAY, FORFEIT TO A SHELTER, ABANDON, LIST ON CRAIG'S LIST (OR SIMILAR MEDIA), OR TO USE THIS ANIMAL FOR EXPERIMENTAL PURPOSES. I WILL NOT ALLOW HIM/HER TO ENGAGE IN DOG FIGHTING OR PURSUE ANY GUARD DOG or ATTACK DOG TRAINING NOW OR AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE.
3. If I am no longer able to care for this animal for any reason, the animal will be returned to Must Love Danes to be re-homed.
4. I will be responsible for any costs involved in returning the animal to Must Love Danes and understand there is no refund of the adoption fee.
5. I understand that if the pet is returned with less than one week's notice, I may be responsible for boarding costs for that week.
6. Failure to abide by this condition of adoption will result in legal action and additional fees of up to $500 to cover the cost of recovery and other expenses incurred to re-home the animal will be sought.
7. I understand if it is determined this pet has not been spayed/neutered because it is too young, I will have him/her spayed/neutered before he/she reaches six months of age. Any adult should be spayed/neutered prior to adoption, unless otherwise stated. I understand I am responsible for the COST of this procedure.
a. I understand a spay/neuter deposit in the amount of the adoption fee, either by check and/or cash, will be provided to Must Love Danes at the time of adoption for all pets that have not been spayed/neutered prior to adoption. This deposit is in addition to the adoption fee and will be held, un-cashed, until such time adequate documentation is provided showing that the animal has been spayed/neutered. Once this documentation has been received, the deposit will be returned, un-cashed, to the adopter.
b. If this documentation is not received within 30 days of the animal reaching 6 months of age, the check WILL be cashed and I will be in violation of this agreement and the adoption will become null and void.
8. I agree to provide proper and adequate food, water, housing, exercise and grooming for this pet and to treat him/her humanely AT ALL TIMES - (adequate housing is defined as living inside your home, never to be tied or left outside, especially during inclement (i.e. above 82 degrees or below 32 degrees) or stormy weather.
9. I agree to provide veterinary care in the form of vaccinations, preventative heartworm medications, flea/tick preventative as appropriate, and such veterinary care as is necessary to prevent and/or treat accidents and illness. Costs my be from $100.00 up to $2,000.00)
10. My pet will be in a fenced yard, on a leash, or on a large acreage tract. He/she will NOT be tied.
11. My place of residence in a home, apartment, condo, townhouse, public housing complex or other housing complex allows for ownership and occupancy of the pet I am adopting and the pet will live in my residence.
12. I have been informed that all animals can carry and transmit diseases, some of which affect people, including bacteria, viruses, parasites and ringworm and that these diseases may be undetectable in what appears to be a healthy animal at the time of adoption.
13. I am aware that pets may exhibit normal but potentially undesirable behaviors including, but not limited to: aggression, house soiling, biting, scratching (people, furniture, woodwork), barking, digging, mounting people's legs, marking with urine, and that these normal behavior patterns may be difficult to manage. No one at this rescue has told me that this pet WILL NOT engage in any of these behavior patterns. I also acknowledge that I will seek training and/or advise regarding any of the above behaviors, should they be necessary.
14. Must Love Danes is in NO WAY RESPONSIBLE for any damage the animal inflict on another person, my property or the property of another and no attempt will be made by me to hold Must Love Danes responsible.
15. I am aware that, depending on the size, species, and/or breed, costs to feed, house, train, license and provide health care insurance and/or veterinary care for a pet average between $500 and $1500 per year. I am financially able to meet and will pay these expenses for my adopted pet.
16. I accept the animal as it is at the time of adoption and understand that Must Love Danes is NOT responsible for any medical conditions not READILY detected prior to or at the time of this adoption or discovered after such adoption. I release Must Love Danes from all liability relating to unknown medical issues, temperament, or training of the pet being adopted.
17. I agree that due to the nature of Must Love Danes being a rescue, taking in unwanted animals. the rescue does not always know the exact breed of a dog or the parentage. Must Love Danes has not guaranteed size or temperament of animal, as this is not possible. The rescue can only give you information regarding what we know factually and/or have acknowledged while in our care.
18. I acknowledge a Must Love Danes representative may make unannounced or unscheduled home visit(s) before, during and after the adoption process to assure the pet's well being. If it is deemed that the pet is not being well cared for or the adoption contract has been broken, Must Love Danes representative may enter my property and take possession of the pet.
19. By acknowledging all, I agree to return the pet to Must Love Danes and ONLY Must Love Danes should I decide the pet is not the right fit for me and my family or if I am no longer able to continue to care for this pet for any reason.
20 I have read this agreement and release Must Love Danes from any presents or future liability associated with my adoption of this pet.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ADOPTION, PLEASE CHECK THE BOX ON THE APPLICATION PAGE.